Spool & Spindle no longer carries fabric or notions, or holds classes, and yes, we are still pretty bummed about it. Keep reading for info about our sewing pattern printing services.
Flat rate shipping with Canada Post within Canada & the US.
Orders over $125 ship free in Canada, and orders over $200 ship free to the US.
Local Delivery is available for Kitchener and Waterloo ONLY.
Orders over $125 can be delivered for free.
Local curbside pick up is free, for any size of order.
See our Shipping Policy for pricing and details.
Please note: Canada Post seems to be back to their usual service levels, yay! During holidays there might still be delays. At this time, there is nothing we can do about the length of shipping transit time.
Curbside pick-up is free, and can be chosen as a shipping option during check out.
Location: 35 Dekay St, Kitchener, ON
Tuesday and Thursday: 12pm - 3pm
Saturday and all other times by appointment
When you arrive at the house to pick up your order, please either call us at 519-342-6600, or ring the doorbell, and let us know your name and the order number. We will bring your order out to the street.
We love large format prints! We print on really large paper that's a heavier weight than typical tissue patterns. And we print on a roll, so we can print any length of page, up to 36" wide.
For PDF prints, each page (36 x 48 inches) costs $4.50. We are only able to print copyshop and A0 sized files. Most patterns are 1-3 pages, though some are occasionally more. If you can't tell how many pages your file is, we can figure that out for you. If you purchase too few pages we will invoice you for the difference; if you purchase too many we will refund you the overage.
For local pickup, we roll your prints in a tube. Just let us know if you'd prefer them folded. To ship your prints in a tracked package, we can fold them, or for a few dollars extra, we can roll them into a tube to limit creasing. Print orders containing only 1-2 pages can be shipped via lettermail (with no tracking) for a smaller fee. Prints can be ordered on our website, and you can submit your files there as well; the shipping options will be listed during check out.
Not sure what we are talking about? Here's our explainer for the difference between Copyshop (A0) and Print-At-Home (Letter-Sized) patterns.
To submit your patterns, follow our handy step-by-step guide:
- Step 1: Navigate to our Pattern Printing page (PDF Pattern Printing in the main menu)
- Step 2: Click on the PDF Printout listing
- Step 3: Click Choose File, which will bring up a menu of options from your computer
- Step 4: Choose the file you want printed, and click "Open". Not sure which file? Choose the one that says A0, Copyshop, Wide Format, Printshop, Large Format, or Arch E. Upload just one file.
- Step 5: Let us know what we're printing! Include the pattern name, and any printing instructions in the printing notes (black and white or colour printing, if you only want specific size layers printed).
- Step 6: Choose the number of pages your file is (not sure? No problem! We'll invoice you for any extra, or refund you if it's not as long as you thought!)
- Step 7: Choose how many copies of the print you want.
- Step 8: Add to cart. This pattern is ready, and you can either close the cart and upload another pattern, or check out and pick your shipping method.
Can I add something to my order?
Absolutely! Please email us with the file(s) and any details about your added printing, and we will invoice you accordingly. Once orders have shipped, we can no longer make changes.
You can also place additional orders, adding a note at checkout to combine with your existing order, and we will do our best to ensure they get combined appropriately.
How long will my order take to fill?
Our fulfillment team is working as fast as possible to prepare your orders. In general, we fill orders within 2 business days, and it's often quicker. Our customer service team will let you know as soon as it is ready to pick up or it ships.
Can you tell me when you are getting X in / can you put me on a waiting list?
Right now the shop is only a printshop, but schemes are always afoot. We can't currently say when anything new will come out, but we recommend you stay subscribed to our newsletter and social media (links below) to hear when anything new and fun happens!